The Chronicles of Egg: Now Internationally Awesome

What’s that you say? Can’t get enough of The Chronicles of Egg? Tired of re-reading the first two books while pining for the release of Blue Sea Burning next April?

Why not try reading it in Turkish? Or Italian! Or French! Or Spanish!

Not that you would. But you could! Just look at these:

9782021089677 las-cronicas-de-egg_11814 Mortaria images

You could even read it in British English, which is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE!

Okay, that’s not actually true. The text of the U.K. editions is basically the same, except for a couple of innocent-seeming American words that turn out to be totally filthy in England… But the covers make them look like a whoooole different series:

UK cover NewLandsArt

Crazy, right? I mean, are these really the same books as these?

Deadweather_and_Sunrise pb art New Lands cover

But, yeah. They are. Covers are funny things.

Speaking of funny things, if you haven’t seen the Turkish TV ad for Deadweather and Sunrise, it’s worth checking out.

This entry was posted in Best Adventure Books, Best Middle Grade Books, Best Middle Grade Series, Chronicles of Egg. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The Chronicles of Egg: Now Internationally Awesome

1. How wonderful for you<Geoff! Congratulations! We are a little behind, but will get our hands on New Lands soon…please let me know when you are ready to guest-blog.

2. Geoff says:

Will do! Still digging out from under pile of things left unfinished by tour (and have to revise book 3). Maybe late June?

3. At your convenience,Geoff.I will arrange around you.I am thrilled with the prospect! Thanks.
    {My grandson Jonathan says to say “Hello”.]

4. Marnus Nel says:

Hallo.

Do I understand correctly? APRIL 2014? I’m going to die waiting…..but the wait will be worth it.

Regards
    Marnus Nel
    South Africa

5. Geoff says:

Could be sooner! Probably not, though.

6. Drew Cernava says:

When will the cover for Blue Sea Burning be released?

7. Geoff says:

Hey, Drew — Not sure about the BLUE SEA BURNING cover. There have been some early sketches, but it probably won’t be in final form until closer to the end of the year.

And the publisher is changing the cover design for the whole series, so when it does show up, it’ll look pretty different from the current covers of D&S and NEW LANDS.

8. Drew Cernava says:

Cool! I can’t wait to see it. I loved the covers for the first two books, so this will be interesting. Also, can you wish me luck on my own writing? I’m fourteen and an aspiring author.

9. Geoff says:

Good luck with your writing, Drew!

Here’s some advice: try to write every day, even if it’s only for a few minutes.

I’ve rarely been able to follow this advice myself. But I still think it’s an excellent suggestion.

You know what else helps a lot? Boredom. Which is a much easier state to achieve if you self-restrict your access to technology (computers, iPods, smartphones, TV, etc).

This is another thing I find easier to suggest than implement. But it was helpful to not have any of those things when I was growing up.

Oh, and one other thing — try to write the kind of things you would want to read as an audience member.

Good luck!

10. Drew Cernava says:

Thank you!! I appreciate it IMMENSELY! =D Also, thanks for the helpful writer’s advice!

Wouldn't you just love to comment on this?